Maintenance I and II
Required services for most vehicles are described by the terms Maintenance I and Maintenance II. Use Maintenance I if the CHANGE ENGINE OIL light comes on within 10 months of the vehicle purchase or when Maintenance II was the last service performed.
The first service should be Maintenance I; the second should be Maintenance II. Alternate between the two schedules thereafter. Depending upon your driving habits, Maintenance II may be required more often. Refer to your Owner's Manual for specific maintenance requirements.
Notice: It is important to check your engine oil regularly and keep it at the proper level. Failure to maintain proper oil level can result in expensive engine repairs not covered by the vehicle warranty.
It is important to regularly check your tires for wear and proper inflation. Failure to maintain properly inflated tires can result in premature tire wear, vehicle damage, or personal injury.
MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE I - Price: $64.95
- Change engine oil and filter. Reset oil life system. (see "Engine Oil." An emission Control Service)
- Visually check for any leaks or damage
- Inspect engine air cleaner filter.
- Inspect tires. Check inflation, pressure, and wear
- Inspect brake system, including brake lines, hoses, pads, calipers, wheel cylinders, rotors, and drums
- Check engine coolant and windshield washer fluid
- Trucks: Lubricate front suspension, ball joints, steering linkage, and parking brake cable
Additional recommended and costs, resulting from inspections performed, will be brought to your attention. Excludes diesels, dually's and synthetic oil.
Maintenance II Schedule: $89.95
- Change engine oil and filter. Reset the oil life system. (See "Engine Oil." An Emission Control Service)
- Visually check for and leaks or damage.
- Inspect engine air cleaner filter; replace if necessary.
- Rotate and inspect tires. Check inflation pressures and wear.
- Inspect break system, including brake lines, hoses, pads, calipers, wheel cylinders, rotors and drums.
- Check engine coolant and windshield washer fluid and add fluid.
- Inspect engine cooling system.
- Inspect suspension and steering components.
- Inspect wiper blades for wear or cracking.
- Inspect restraint system components.
- Lubricate body components.
- Replace passenger compartment air filter if equipped.
- Inspect throttle system.
- Check transmission/transaxle fluid level.
- Trucks without a filter restriction indicator, Inspect engine and clean air filter.
- Trucks/Vans: Fuel filter service; replace as necessary.
- Trucks/Vans: Check air intake.
- Perform any needed additional services.